Trying to find the best dentist for you and your family is no easy task. You need a professional you trust enough to become an important part of your overall healthcare. Once you have made your choice and are satisfied, you may never want to leave. Inevitably, life circumstances can change, and you may once again be on the search for a new dentist.
While we surely hope that you will choose Discover Dental for your dental health needs, we want to ensure that you find the right clinic, wherever that search leads you.
How to Find the Right Kelowna Dentist
When selecting a dentist that’s right for you and the needs of your family, your initial impression of the office will obviously be a critical factor. Here are seven tips that may also help you narrow your search.
- Ask for Referrals: Talk to your friends and family about who they see for dental care. Peers are a great source of information, and much more easily verified than online reviews. With that in mind, be sure to check out their online reviews for unbiased patient feedback.
- Office Location: A good location certainly increases convenience. Your dentist’s office should be easy to get to from either home or work, and the office should have access to ample parking. However, if you find someone really good it’s worth a bit of a drive. Your teeth are important.
- Hours of Operation: Be sure to check out the clinic’s office hours to determine that you will be able to schedule an appointment at a time that works for you. Sometimes this may require a little flexibility on your part, because spending time with our families is important to us, too!
- Insurance Handling Procedures: If you have private health and dental insurance, you’re likely eligible for reimbursement for some dental care procedures. Coverage will be determined by the insurer, but your dentist’s office should be equipped to handle the necessary pre-authorization forms on your behalf. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We take it a step further. We handle all the paperwork; preauthorization all the way to payment. Let’s face it. You’re busy.
- Office Facilities: Of course a skilled dentist can work magic in any setting, but modern facilities can make a world of difference to your comfort. Little things like a play area to keep the kids occupied shouldn’t be the only reason you choose a dental practice, but it should certainly factor in your decision. Of course our ceiling mounted, big screen TV’s help keep you occupied during your appointment too.
- Array of Services Offered: Finding a dentist you trust is hard enough, but finding multiple providers for a number of services makes your life unnecessarily complicated. Working with a dental practice that offers general dentistry, surgical dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and pediatric services under one roof means your whole family can be looked after in one place. It’s one less thing to schedule in an over-scheduled world.
- Referral Process: Even a dentist’s office with a broad array of services will have some they are not able to offer. Be sure to ask what their process is for referrals to other oral healthcare specialists. You want the process to be as seamless as possible.
How to know it’s the right fit
Once you have found a dentist that is in the right geographic area, with state-of-the-art facilities, that has everything you need, it’s time to schedule your first appointment. You should be comfortable talking to everyone in the office, and feel like you’ve got all the time in the world to ask questions. This is an important relationship that is a big part of caring for your overall health. Be sure to take your time to get it right, especially if that extra time leads you to a lasting relationship with Discover Dental.